Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Featured Artist/Jeweler: Amir Friedman

When you're at Penland you meet so many talented artists and people and it's so stimulating and invigorating to the artistic soul.  In my class was one such artist and jeweler, Amir Friedman, he was one of the scholarship students from Israel.  Amir was also in Jana Brevick's Melt class and we got along so great.  I learned alot from him.  

Amir is one of those artists that never rests!  And you can see it in the work he makes, meticulous and very detailed.  Amir brought along his display case of his rings; I was so enamored with them, specifically the one below that I'm wearing...we are currently working on a deal for me to get it.  I couldn't stop trying it on.    

Amir loves to cast and play with tools, and he's innovative in how he casts.  He actually casted a ring embedded black crystal quartz!  Visit his website to see it and more of his pieces.  

Oh and psst...we may be teaching a class together at Penland next year...I'll be his studio assistant if all works out.  

Detail view of Amir's ring.  He specifically left the imprint of the CAD design. 
Amir's beautiful ring collection.  I want a case like that!

Craftophilia Show book. 
Continuation of the cover design, very clever.
My ring! I don't have it yet but he plans on sending me one.
Here it is again, I'm a bit obsessed with it...
Close up of a ring in resin.
His rings in resin orbs.  LOVE this concept.  Kinda reminds me of the orbs David Bowie twirls in Labryinth.
And watch this very cool video of Amir's 'Can it' machine: 


Thanks for visiting and reading!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Jewelry has always played a vital role in lending confidence and beauty to the human body. It has been considered as the display of wealth and good taste since time immemorial.

    http://www.stgeorgejewelers.com

    ReplyDelete

Translate