Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, July 21, 2014

Growing pains

Today was one of those days where I was not very enthused or excited about being in the studio.  You may wonder, why? she gets to make whatever she wants.  That's not always the case, I do take commissions as well as fulfill orders and it is truly wonderful.  But as a creative person, it can be draining, disconcerting and scary...downright scary in the sense that I ask myself, what if....what if it isn't good enough, or what if it isn't right? 

But then, I preserved and as usual, my inner artist said 'just do it, just don't think about it, and make.' And I did and low and behold, a new exciting piece emerged.  

And ironically enough, just 5 minutes ago I came across this wonderful image of pioneer Amelia Earhart, and I'm inspired.  

I hope you are too!

Tagua nut, black coral and cuttlefish cast ring. 2010
An example of just doing it!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate