Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What to write about....

I'll admit I have this thought on a daily basis for my blog, sometimes though a lightbulb will go off and I think, oh yeah right, I'll write about that...duh?! But not today.

We're creeping toward the high and beautifully long days of summer which I love.  It also feels like a time for me to seriously edit, meditate and prepare for fall and winter.  I've got some grand ideas brewing for a new line, I just need some free time from orders and studio to sketch. 


And thus also summer means outdoor festivals and shows.  Last year I did two summer shows and they were great but my setup and display was SO embarrassingly unprepared and messy at best.  This year I'm upping my game and I invested in two lovely tables from Ikea and chairs along with a new tent...I have yet to purchase. 

It's amazing how much money can go into such endeavors but I do feel it's worth it, as well as participating in shows.  It can be a gamble, not knowing if I'll make my money back from the festival fee but once I meet customers and fans I understand that showing my jewelry in person and having people see it is essential sharing my work.  And hearing what people like and don't like about my jewelry. 

Stay tuned for more posts about new shows I'm doing and my summer schedule! Thanks for reading.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate