Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, June 18, 2015

Everyday Earrings Exhibition

When it comes to jewelry, I've always had an affinity for rings and earrings.  There is something alluring and enigmatic with earrings.  They draw attention to the face and are more noticeable than say bracelets or necklaces.  I believe it's because we are looking at the face more so than any other part of the human body.

So thus, I was very happy to be accepted into the Everyday Earring Exhibition at EatMetal Art Jewelry Gallery in Hoboken, New Jersey.  I was even more pleased to see a very large image of the Asteria earrings on the poster for the exhibition! The roster of designers for the show are impressive and I'm flattered to be amongst such stellar jewelers.  I so wish I could attend the opening reception. 

The owner and jeweler, Elizabeth Tokoly runs EatMetal Art Jewelry Gallery and this will be the first exhibition in her new space.  It is quite encouraging and exciting to see other jewelers and owners advance the field of jewelry by creating these kinds of exhibitions. 

The Brigid cat claw earrings in 18kt gold plated sterling silver.
 As usual, thank you for reading.  I hope that if you live in the Hoboken area that you can attend the exhibition.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate