Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, July 17, 2015

5 Reasons why you should invest in handmade jewelry


In my studio at Art Avenue.  Photo by Becky Parker
Per usual I was thinking about my next blog topic and this one hit me smack in the face! It seems like a no brainer but maybe that's why I've never written about it, as it should be assumed that you should buy handmade jewelry.

But of course there is a why?  So I'll address my own personal reasons and ones that I believe you will most likely agree with. 

1.  Handmade jewelry is an investment.  Which means longevity.  It has personal meaning which means you will care for it that much more.

2.  You are connected to the maker of that object and they've probably put blood, sweat and tears into it (literally, I know this has happened!).

3.  Jewelry is timeless and even more so if it is handmade.  And with time accrues interest and it's value.  Depending on the maker of the jewelry, it could be worth quite a bit in 50-100 years.

4.  One of a kind jewelry makes a big statement.  I can't tell you how many times I've been complimented on the handmade jewelry I wear, whether it's my wedding ring to earrings by my fellow friends/makers.  People notice it more than the cheap wal-mart jewelry.

5.  You are supporting an independent business owner and artist.  This means so much to each one of us that is out there creating a dream. 

I hope that this post gives you more pause and encouragement to support the handmade movement and save a bit more money for that special piece of jewelry.  It'll mean so much more to you!

Thanks for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate