Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, August 14, 2015

I'll be a teacher again!

I'm super excited to announce that I'll be teaching an introduction to metals class this coming fall and winter at Emerge - Pitt County Council for the Arts in Uptown Greenville.  If you're interested you can register here.

You may recall that several months ago I subbed for Joanne Lang's intro metals class at Emerge and I really loved it.  Teaching enlightened me to how much education I have and that it teaches me to be better at what I do.  I'm also challenged to freshen up on my own skills and jewelry vocabulary.  Often times when I'm in the studio, I get comfortable in one technique or skill and end up 'losing' some of that previous knowledge that I had learned in school.  So teaching gives me the opportunity to retrieve that knowledge and pass it along.

Now here's my plug, if you live in the Greenville area, sign up! It'll be fun and a great way to learn something new, meet new people and stimulate the creative part of your brain - it's good for your soul!

I'll be teaching the Fall class which will begin on Tuesday, September 8th from 6-8:30pm thru October 20th.
And the Winter class beginning Tuesday, October 27th from 6-8:30pm thru December 8th.

Me, in the early days of school, raising a copper vessel.
Thanks for reading!
Stay lovely,
Lisette
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate