Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, January 29, 2016

If you love jewelry and history

Then you have to read Stoned: Jewelry, Obsession and how desire shapes the World.  I've been reading it over the past several weeks and it's fascinating how much jewelry has influenced and changed our world.


There is no denying that what has shaped humans and culture is our handmade objects, our inventiveness specifically with ceramics and jewelry.  It is how anthropologists and archaeologists have learned about our past.

I'm loving this book for the drama and the fact that I learn about jewelry and historical facts, such as how the French Revolution began. I'm making it a goal to read more this year and take time to learn more of the history behind jewelry so this was a perfect match!

As always thank you for reading and have a lovely weekend!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate