Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Making badass jewelry

It's that time, to teach classes at Emerge Pitt County Council of the Arts next week.  I really do love teaching these small classes, I learn alot and so do my students.

In the last session several of my students took it to the next level with their pieces.  One of the best parts of taking a jewelry/metals class, as well as teaching, is that making objects trains your brain to think in new ways.  You are actively challenging yourself to figure out how parts can go together and which way of connecting them makes the most sense.

Works in progress by Carrie Hodge.  I love the design and texture of both of them.

All three pieces designed and created by Caroline Hedgepeth
In the pieces Caroline made, especially the enameled pendant on the left, she made two pieces and tube riveted them together (or that is the plan).  She wanted the texture of the piercing to overlay the splatter enamel she did.

Sooooo, here's my pitch. If you live in the Greenville area and want to learn jewelry making or take your jewelry to the next level - take my class! It's every Tuesday night, 6-8:30pm at Emerge Pitt County Council for the Arts.

As always, thank you for reading and stay lovely!
xo
Lisette


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate