Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, January 22, 2016

My first workshop


I'd been planning to reach out to some small art schools to teach but I never got around to it last year, y'know with doing shows and making jewelry some plans and goals get dropped off!  Well I couldn't say no to my friend Danielle James (and fellow ECU alumni) when she asked if I'd be interested in teaching a casting workshop at the Eureka Springs School of Art where Danielle is a metals instructor and coordinator for the programs.

It's going to be new and exciting and I love those kinds of challenges.  I'll be teaching students how to recreate nature/objects into jewelry and finished pieces.  Plus I get to visit this infamous town, Eureka Springs.  Danielle waxed on and on about it before she left Greenville, after graduating with her MFA and I knew I had to visit!

You can view the class description here and sign up.  My session is 9 and begins July 4th through July 8th.  It's perfect timing - fireworks and casting? Hell yes! I know that not only will my students learn a new process but I'll learn how to teach a good 4 day workshop.  I'm just super pumped and excited about this class.
my cheesey profile photo and description
 as always, thank you for reading and stay warm and lovely!
xo-Lisette

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate