Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The shared collective

Last week I was in Atlanta for the American Craft Council show and I had such a great time and met so many cool people.

Thus I want to share with you that when I participate in craft shows, the best part of them is meeting other artists and sharing our experience and knowledge.  Of course I enjoy meeting new customers and participating but seriously, I so enjoy getting to know other artists and finding out how they balance a creative life with family and life demands. 

We all share the collective hardship of trying to be successful.  So sharing a booth with five other people was fun and made the show so much better! 

Jewelry trade score!! From top left, Olivia Shih earrings, Oru pendant and earrings, Betty Jager ring and Leia Zumbro ring. 

My Hip Pop booth
Trying to look profesh'
Meet Ms. Ruby, she stole the show at our booth!

All of my neighbors and Hip Pop artists were so cool! Niki Frisk the booth behind Ms. Ruby is an aerialist!! I mean, how cool is that and she lives in New Orleans.  Then there was Jim Charles with his beautiful pearl and plastic necklaces and earrings, he was the lone male in the show.  And so many other amazing people. 

I am looking forward to the next Hip Pop show!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate